A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Movies and TV shows coming to a theater or VOD service soon ....
Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Post by Krappy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 am

Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe) must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.

The movie will reportedly hit Paramount's new streaming service (Paramount+) 45 days after its theatrical release. (2/24/21)
The film was originally going to be released March 20th, 2020, but was pushed to September 4th, 2020, then again to April 23rd, 2021, before ultimately landing at a September 17, 2021 date. (1/23/21)
John Krasinski recently spoke briefly about the film, saying that he left "little easter eggs" throughout the movie that explain a bit more about the first and goes deeper into the mythology. He then goes on to talk about the possibility of a third installment, saying: "I can’t be like, ‘Yeah, of course, there’ll be a third!’ No, not at all. I haven’t heard from the studio that they want a third one. But the good news is that the studio and I are on the same page in that this isn’t one of those franchises where we keep pumping them out if they make money. I think we’ve proven that this is an original idea that is really beloved by people in a way that… I don’t want to break that promise to people. If I could think of a way to continue this world as elegantly as people deserve, because they gave me their trust in watching this movie and loving this movie as much as they did? Sure, but if you’re asking: do I think I could just do a third one, to just do a third one? No way.” (1/15/20)
Djimon Hounsou has replaced Brian Tyree Henry due to scheduling conflicts.
Actor Brian Tyree Henry spoke briefly about what we may expect from the sequel, saying: "I think that we’re going to get a few answers to the origin of where and how this whole thing happened. I think that people want to know that. But I think you’re just going to see another side of it…more of humanity that survived this thing in this next story." (6/12/19)
Filming is said to begin sometime this July with John Krasinski back to direct. Emily Blunt is also said to return. (2/22/19)
It's said that the kids from the first movie (Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) will reprise their roles.
Writers Bryan Woods and Scott Beck return to script. On the topic of a sequel they've reportedly said the following: "It’s such a fun world. There are so many things you could do. There are so many discarded set pieces, too, just hiding out on Word documents on our computer. So, yeah, there are certainly so many stories you could tell.”
This is a sequel to A Quiet Place, which has made over $200-million on a production budget of only $17-million.
Paramount Pictures released A Quiet Place Part II in theaters on May 28, 2021.
A Quiet Place Part II is expected to arrive on the Paramount+ streaming service on July 12, 2021.
A Quiet Place Part II is coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on July 27, 2021!

IMDb

Director: John Krasinski

A QUIET PLACE PART II (2020)
MOVIES and MANIA

A QUIET PLACE PART II Already Available for Pre-Order on Blu-ray
Dread Central

‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Already Coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray in July?
Bloody Disgusting

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

+

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Post by Krappy » Thu May 27, 2021 10:22 pm

A Quiet Place Part 2 - Emily Blunt official interview.
Directed by John Krasinski and starring Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, Cillian Murphy, Djimon Hounsou...

A Quiet Place Part 2 - John Krasinski official interview.
Directed by John Krasinski and starring Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, Cillian Murphy, Djimon Hounsou...

It’s been a long journey for the Abbott family and fans of the breakout hit A Quiet Place. With the long-awaited sequel finally here, writer/director/actor John Krasinski chats with Bloody Disgusting about why he took on a sequel and the pressure that comes with following just a massive theatrical success.

Mort importantly, the filmmaker talks about the genre itself. Krasinski cites the movies that influenced both A Quiet Place and A Quiet Place Part II, how that journey transformed him into a major horror fan, and why he now believes horror is the best medium for storytelling.

A Quiet Place Part 2 - John Krasinski Press Tour 2021.

In March of 2020, right before COVID shut down the world, I traveled to New York City to see a screening of A Quiet Place Part II and then interviewed the cast and writer-director John Krasinski. At the time, people weren’t sure how this new mysterious virus was spreading, which meant when we sat down to do interviews, we were asked not to shake hands with anyone. We had no idea just being in the same room with someone infected would spread the disease.

Anyway, with A Quiet Place Part II finally set to be released in theaters this weekend, it’s finally time to share the interviews I conducted over a year ago.

During my conversation with Emily Blunt, she talked about why she loves the sequel and the positive audience reaction to the film, why filming one of the scenes in Part 2 was one of the hardest things she’s ever filmed, how she still gets nervous on set, how they’re thinking about these movies as a trilogy, and more. In addition, without getting into spoilers, I’ll say when Part 2 ends, you’ll be wondering about the next sequel. When I asked Blunt about the next sequel and if Krasinski is thinking about doing it, she said:

“He has a whole arc of ideas that could work. I think he just wanted to see how people responded to this one before he fully engaged his brain on the third one. But he has a couple of great ideas.”
If you haven’t seen the trailers, A Quiet Place Part II picks up almost immediately after the end of the first film and we find Emily Blunt's Evelyn Abbott and her kids (Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) on the road searching for a way to survive. The sequel adds Cillian Murphy as a family friend and Djimon Hounsou as another survivor.

While we have all seen countless sequels that should have never been made, A Quiet Place Part II is not one of them. Krasinski has crafted a fantastic, nail-biting, edge of your seat thriller that absolutely should be seen in a theater (assuming you’ve been vaccinated). Trust me, this is a great movie.

Check out what Emily Blunt had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about.

Emily Blunt:
· How they had just finished the movie right before the junket.
· Why she loves the sequel.
· Have they already started thinking about the next sequel?
· Is A Quiet Place designed as a trilogy?
· What was the first thing they shot on the first day of filming and does she still get nervous?
· Why filming one of the scenes in the sequel was one of the hardest things she’s ever filmed.

During my conversation with Millicent Simmonds, she talked about why she loves the sequel and the positive audience reaction to the film, if she was nervous to make a sequel after the success of the first film, if she’s already been asking Krasinski about A Quiet Place Part 3, and more.

Check out what Millicent Simmonds had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about.

Millicent Simmonds:
Was she nervous about making a sequel after the success of the first film?
Has she already been asking John Krasinski about A Quiet Place Part 3?
What was the first and last thing she filmed?
What was she excited and nervous to film in A Quiet Place II?
How did she get ready for the sequel compared to the first film?

During my conversation with Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou, they talked about making the film, how Hounsou never read the whole script, why Murphy wrote Krasinski an email saying how much he loved the first movie after he saw it and why he never hit send, and more. In addition, with Hounsou voicing his MCU character Korath in an episode of Marvel's upcoming animated series, What If...?, I tried to get him to share some information about the series.

Check out what Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about.

Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou:
Murphy talks about how he was going to write John Krasinski an email saying how much he loved the first movie after he saw it and why he never hit send.
Hounsou talks about how he never had the whole script.
Murphy talks about his reaction to reading the script for the first time.
I try and get Hounsou to talk about Marvel’s What If…?

By the time the end credits rolled on 2018’s A Quiet Place, Evelyn (Emily Blunt) just gave birth, Lee (John Krasinksi) made the ultimate sacrifice for his family’s survival, and Regan (Millicent Simmonds) found a way to finally fight back. Picking up after the events from the first film, A Quiet Place Part II, ensures the Abbotts' battle is far from over.

Emily Blunt and Millicent Simmonds separately sat down with Bloody Disgusting to set up their characters’ mindset heading into this sequel and how the expanded world beyond the Abbott farm required much more physicality and stunts on their part.

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Krappy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:53 pm

A Quiet Place 2 Review my full movie reaction to the horror movie sequel to John Krasinski Quiet Place. SPOILER FREE Review of A Quiet Pace 2 discussing what I loved and what I didn't love about the movie. Quiet Place 2 stars Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Noah Jupe, Millicent Simmons, Cillian Murphy. Quiet Place 2 Monsters are even scarier!

The Abbott family continues their fight for survival in A Quiet Place Part II. Does this sequel continue the greatness of the original or will this franchise go silent?

Chris and Ian argue and review A Quiet Place Part II!

On episode 451 of Horror News Radio:
The Grue-Crew review… A QUIET PLACE PART II (2021).
Warning: possible spoilers after the initial impressions!

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Krappy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:53 am

Updated With 2 BLU-RAY Covers, More RELEASE News & MORE Details :skull: