Scream (2022)

Movies and TV shows coming to a theater or VOD service soon ....
Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Scream (2022)

Post by Krappy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:58 pm

AKA Scream 5, AKA Untitled Scream Reboot

No official plot yet, but it's said to "follow a woman returning to her home town to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes."

Filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Scream 4's Marley Shelton is back as "Judy Hicks."
Neve Campbell returns as "Sidney Prescott."
Courteney Cox is officially back as "Gale Weathers." Additional casting is underway.
Additional casting is currently underway, with filming expected to begin later this year in Wilmington, N.C.. A theatrical release is aimed for sometime in 2021. (6/24/20)
David Arquette will officially return as Sheriff Dewey Riley. On his return he was quoted saying: "I am thrilled to be playing Dewey again and to reunite with my Scream family, old and new. Scream has been such a big part of my life, and for both the fans and myself, I look forward to honoring Wes Craven’s legacy." The studio has expressed interest in other "legacy cast" to return, specifically Neve Campbell, who has reportedly been in talks to return, but nothing has officially been set yet. (5/18/20)
Executive producer Kevin Williamson was quoted saying: "I’m excited to reteam with David and work with Jamie, Guy and Radio Silence on the next Scream. Their take on the movie is both original, inventive and honors Wes’ legacy in a wonderful way. Ready or Not was my favorite horror film of last year and I can’t wait to see what their amazing talents bring to the Scream universe. I’m thrilled to be a part of it." (5/18/20)
Scripted by James Vanderbilt (Murder Mystery, Zodiac, The Amazing Spider-Man) and Guy Busick (Ready or Not)
Neve Campbell had a recent YouTube interview where she revealed that she has been in talks with directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett about exploring ideas for the Sydney character to possibly return for the sequel. The project is still in early days, especially with Covid-19 putting a halt to a lot of productions. At the moment these are just ideas they're throwing around, so it's possible things may change over time. (5/6/20)
Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in May 2020, but was delayed due to the covid-19 pandemic.
Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett are reportedly set to direct. The duo originally started out on YouTube and were known as "Radio Silence" until they moved onto film, where they recently helmed Ready or Not. (3/12/20)
Original franchise writer Kevin Williamson will executive produce this film.
This will mark the first Scream movie not helmed by the late Wes Craven.
This project is said to be in development with Spyglass Media Group, who is the studio behind the Hellraiser remake.
This is said to be a reboot/sequel, which brings back some of the legacy cast from the previous films.
Scream is expected to release in theaters on January 14, 2022.

IMDb

Directors: Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett

SCREAM (2022)
MOVIES and MANIA

Here’s Your First Look at Ghostface in the New SCREAM Movie!
Dread Central

‘Scream’: Directors Tease the “Unique Risks” and Franchise Easter Eggs You’ll Find in Next Year’s New Movie
Bloody Disgusting

Trailer Currently Not Available

+

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scream (2022)

Post by Krappy » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:34 am

HelloSidney.com had the honor to meet Chad Villella, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett. In this part, we remember the career and our favorite Wes Craven movies.

Jenna Ortega doesn't want to be the Tom Holland of the SCREAM franchise and give out spoilers.

Mellissa Barrera talks with her friend, Jonathan Montero, about SCREAM 5 - how she was cast, filming a movie with Covid, the directors and meeting her idol: Courteney Cox!

🔪 Subtitles in English available.

HelloSidney.com had the honor to meet Chad Villella, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett. In this part, we talk the new movie per se.

HelloSidney.com had the honor to meet Chad Villella, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett. In this part, we talk the new cast, the trio and how it was to make a movie during the pandemic.