A Quiet Place: Day One (2023)

Movies and TV shows coming to a theater or VOD service soon ....
Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Quiet Place: Day One (2023)

Post by Krappy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:19 am

AKA A Quiet Place Part III

No official plot yet, but this is said to be a spinoff that's set within the same universe and (as the title suggests) it will likely take place around the beginning of the invasion.

Previously had a March 31, 2023 theatrical release.
Michael Sarnoski (Pig) is in negotiations to direct. (1/11/22)
Jeff Nichols has apparently left the project to pursue another project he's developing with Paramount. The studio is now looking for a replacement, as this movie is said to be a high priority right now. (10/27/21)
John Krasinski gave a brief update on the project, saying that he came up with the idea for this next entry and how he always planned on passing on the director's seat for another: "Truly the only person I had in mind when asked whether I would hand this off was Jeff. I think he’s one of the best filmmakers, Mud is one of my favorite movies, and so real and intimate. It’s exactly the sort of paints we’re painting with in A Quiet Place – very organic characters you fall in love with. So he was my first choice for this, and when he said yes I was over the moon. I pitched him my story, he’s gone and developed the world on his own with that jumping-off point, and I’m so thrilled. He’s actually just turning in a script now, and I loved it. I absolutely loved it, and I can’t wait to see him shoot this thing." When asked if it'll continue following the family or it's indeed a rumored spinoff and he said the following: "Is it going to continue the Abbotts? Who knows! No, I will tell you that it is… I’m really excited about the third instalment because it’s going to do something that we haven’t done before." (6/22/21)
Writer/director Jeff Nichols (Mud, Midnight Special, Loving) was initially attached to the project.
According to John Kraskinski he still has ideas for a third film that would continue to follow the original family.
It's said that the hope is this film would "help set up a potential Quiet Place universe that the studio can build on for years to come."
Co-writer/director John Kraskinski will not be returning, but Kraskinski produces and the story is said to be based on his original idea.
This is a spinoff of A Quiet Place that's set within the same universe and is set around the beginning of the invasion.
Paramount Pictures releases A Quiet Place: Day One in theaters on September 22, 2023.

IMDb

Director: Michael Sarnoski

‘Pig’ Filmmaker Set To Direct New ‘Quiet Place’ Spin-Off
Horror Fuel

‘A Quiet Place: Day One’ is the Official Title for Third Franchise Movie
Bloody Disgusting

aquiet3.jpg

Trailer Currently Not Available

+

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator