Black Friday (2021)

Movies and TV shows coming to a theater or VOD service soon ....
Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Black Friday (2021)

Post by Krappy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:20 am

On Thanksgiving night, a group of disgruntled toy store employees begrudgingly arrive for work to open the store at midnight for the busiest shopping day of the year. Meanwhile, an alien parasite crashes to Earth in a meteor. This group of misfits led by store manager Jonathan (Bruce Campbell) and longtime employee Ken (Devon Sawa) soon find them themselves battling against hordes of holiday shoppers who have been turned into monstrous creatures hellbent on a murderous rampage on Black Friday.

Screen Media distributes in the US.
Filmed in Boston, Massachusetts.
Director Casey Tebo was quoted saying: "When Andy sent me this script, it was such a blast! It reminded me of some of my favorite holiday horror movies like Gremlins or Krampus. I could see myself running to a midnight showing to see this with other horror fans, and at the same time, I could see my kids watching it at a sleepover with their friends. It's imaginative, original, scary, fun, and the right bit of ridiculous - and that's all the things I want to see in a movie!"
This is a horror comedy.
Screen Media released Black Friday in select theaters on November 19, 2021.
Screen Media released Black Friday on VOD platforms on November 23, 2021.

IMDb

Director: Casey Tebo

BLACK FRIDAY (2021)
MOVIES and MANIA

Exclusive: Cinematographer David Kruta Talks ‘Black Friday’ and ‘The Last Thing Mary Saw’
Dread Central

‘Black Friday’ – Bruce Campbell on Playing the Anti-Ash and Reuniting With ‘Evil Dead II’ Effects Artist [Interview]
Bloody Disgusting

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DEVON SAWA TALKS “BLACK FRIDAY,” “CHUCKY” AND GLENN DANZIG
Rue Morgue

ImageImage

+

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Black Friday (2021)

Post by Krappy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 am

On episode 476 of Horror News Radio:
The Grue-Crew review… BLACK FRIDAY (2021).
Warning: possible spoilers after the initial impressions!
BLACK FRIDAY (2021)
A group of toy store employees must protect each other from a horde of parasite infected shoppers.
Available in Theaters, VOD, Digital On-Demand on November 19, 2021
Directed by Casey Tebo
Written by Andy Greskoviak
Cast: Devon Sawa, Bruce Campbell, Michael Jai White, Ivana Baquero, Ryan Lee, Stephen Peck

Let me just start by saying Bruce Campbell is his usual Phantastic self in this movie... Unfortunately he's the only good part of this seriously Lackluster Creature Feature which suffers from a terrible case of "Already seen this stuff 1000 times"... Feel free to check my review and as always Thanks so much for watching.

Doc reviews the latest #BruceCampbell zombie film, #BlackFriday, about the deadliest shopping day ever.

Today I review the 2021 horror comedy, Black Friday.

On Thanksgiving night, a group of disgruntled toy store employees begrudgingly arrive for work to open the store at midnight for the busiest shopping day of the year. Meanwhile, an alien parasite crashes to Earth in a meteor. This group of misfits led by store manager Jonathan and longtime employee Ken soon find themselves battling against hordes of holiday shoppers who have been turned into monstrous creatures hellbent on a murderous rampage on Black Friday.

The Maniacal Cinephile reviews BLACK FRIDAY a new horror movie where the shoppers come for deals, bargains and blood! The film is directed by Casey Tebo and stars Bruce Campbell, Devon Sawa, Ivan Baquero, Ryan Lee and Michael Jai White.
On Thanksgiving night, disgruntled toy store employees begrudgingly arrive for work to open the store at midnight for the busiest shopping day of the year. Meanwhile, an alien parasite crashes to Earth in a meteor. This group of misfits, led by store manager Jonathan (Bruce Campbell) and longtime employee Ken (Devon Sawa), soon find themselves battling hordes of holiday shoppers who have been turned into monstrous creatures hellbent on a murderous rampage on Black Friday.